As a homeowner, it’s important for you to keep your home free of pests. This is because of the countless issues that pests can cause in your home that can leave you and your family uncomfortable. To make sure you have a clean and healthy home, you should call local pest control services to find out if they can help you exterminate any pests you come across in your home.
The best bug control company is the one that won’t take too long to respond to your calls and that will work hard to make sure that every last bug is gone from your house. To find the best bug company, you could search online for “best bug service” and have a look at the results. Be prepared to interview a few of them so that you get a reasonable one in the end that’s both great at their job and is also affordable.
When you find an exterminator, ask them if they could also advise you on the best bug spray to keep bugs out of house. This will help you to keep random bugs at bay and lower the chances of having a full infestation in your home.
You have been keeping the pest control services busy this summer. In fact, less than 24 hours after they had visited your house for the monthly outdoor treatment you found ants in the basement. Wanting to stop the problem before it got any worse, you immediately made a phone call and asked the pest control representative to come back out. With young children who spend lots of time on the floor, you want to make sure that you remove any visible problems as soon as possible.
From bed bug exterminators to professionals that deal with many other kinds of pests, like most problems in life it is better to make a phone call to an exterminator as soon as possible, instead of waiting to think that you can take care of a problem yourself. Even the most clean houses can have problems with ants, bed bugs, and rodents. Ants can find a way into your home overnight after an outside hill has been disturbed; a suitcase that is brought in the house can be a transportation system for bed bugs that were picked up on a vacation; and mice can make a mess in your attic from a hole in the roof you were not aware of. Contacting a pest control specialist, however, can help you make sure that you are doing everything that you can to keep your home as healthy as possible.
Termites Are a Major Problem in Some Parts of the Country
In addition to creating an unhealthy environment, some pests can go so far as to cause structural damage to a home. The fact that termites are a major problem in some parts of the country means that many buyers insist on a termite inspection before they ever close on a house sale. Consider some of these facts and figures about the need for pest control services in all various parts of the country:
- 97% of pest professionals reported that they had treated for bed bugs in the past year, according to the National Pest Management Association’s 2018 survey.
- 50% of pest control professionals say summer is the busiest time of year for bed bugs, according to the same National Pest Management Association’s 2018 survey.
- 68% of U.S. pest control workers in 2015 stated that bed bugs were the most difficult pest to control, according to a survey from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and the University of Kentucky.
- Females can lay more than 200 eggs during a bed bug’s life cycle. These eggs hatch and go through five immature “nymph” stages before reaching their adult form, molting after each phase.
- Including E. coli and Salmonella, cockroaches have been reported to spread at least 33 kinds of bacteria.
- Termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage each year.
Finding a solution to a problem with insects or rodents is much easier if you take the time and invest the money to call in a professional from the beginning.