You only have to take a drive through a neighborhood to know if it is one of the places in the city that was het by last May’s hailstorm. With near shards the size of golf balls, this hail storm was one that did all kinds of damage. As a result both asphalt and metal roofing installers have been busy. When you drive just a block or two into a neighborhood, in fact, you can know if this is or is not one of the damaged neighborhoods. Those areas that have been hit by hail have streets crowded with both company and personal trucks belonging to metal roofing installers, drive ways lined with tall pallets of shingles, and echoes of hammers and staple guns fill the air. The undamaged neighborhoods, however, are uncrowded and quiet.
After a significant storm comes through any area, local metal roofs showrooms are busy and area roofing contractors are booked. In fact, it is often a race to sign contracts with the best roofing companies. Knowing which company to sign with, however, can be a challenge, so it is important to contact references, check local Better Business Bureau rating, and compare prices between competitors.
Asphalt and Metal Roofing Contractors Offer a Number of Important Services and Products
In many cases when hail comes though a neighborhood there is often more than roof damage. Many home owners, in fact, have to coordinate the work of window installers, gutter contractors, as well as the roof crew. Sometimes the storm caused so much damage that even the siding needs to be replaced. Fortunately, some of the property insurance companies group all of the damage together and charge one deductible. Coordinating the payment plans, however, is only part of the process of recovery. In fact, scheduling all of these home improvement projects can be the real challenge. And while it might seem that exterior work would be easier to schedule and coordinate, it is important to realize that there is a specific order of how these exterior tasks can be completed.
consider some of these facts and figures about the roofing industry, as well as the other industries that are involved in the repair and building of exterior features:
- When compared to a typical asphalt shingles roof, a typical metal roof will last about three to seven times longer and serves as an important investment in a home or a business.
- Because it has a 140 miles per hour (mph) wind rating, a metal roof will protect a home from suffering major damage.
- Another advantage of metal roofing is that even the most expensive types of metal, like zinc, copper, and stainless steel, will cost 30% less than the cheapest tile or slate roof.
- Providing the roof with a lifespan of up to 100 years, some steel roofing is coated with an alloy made of aluminum-zinc.
- Including standard, premium, and customized, modern metal roofs come in well over 100 colors.
- In addition to having a greater longevity, a metal roof can easily help save as much as 25% off a home’s annual energy bill.
Finding the right contractor, whether it is for a a roof or siding, is an important part of making sure that your home maintains its value, as well as looks its very best. Finding the best solution to the problems caused by a severe wind storm can be complicated, but if you work with the best contractors you will have better luck getting the results that you need. Starting with metal roofing installers you might need to make sure that you are working with the top contractors so you can get the results that you want.